No matter what your occupation is, sooner or later you’re going to need inspiration. Whether you’re an artist who needs to get the creative juices flowing, a student struggling to write a paper, or a salesperson trying to close a deal, everyone can benefit from a little inspiration.
While some people may find inspiration in their everyday lives, others have to actively seek it out. If you’re in the latter group, don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to find inspiration when you need it. Here are ten great ways to get inspired:
1. Listen To Music: Studies have shown that listening to music can improve creativity and boost productivity. So, if you’re feeling stuck, try putting on your favorite tunes and see if it helps jump start your brain.
2. Get Outdoors: Fresh air and nature can do wonders for the soul. If you’re feeling uninspired, take a walk outside or go for a hike in the woods. The change of scenery may be just what you need to get your creative juices flowing.
3. Find A Mentor: Sometimes all it takes is a little guidance from someone who’s been there before. If you’re having trouble finding inspiration, try reaching out to someone whose work you admire and asking for advice.
4. Read Biographies: Want to achieve something great? Start by learning about people who have already done it. Reading biographies can not only inspire you to achieve your own dreams, but also teach you how to go about achieving them.
5. Attend Events: There’s nothing like being around other motivated people to get you inspired. Check out local events related to your interests and see what kinds of new ideas and projects people are working on.
6. Take A Class: Learning something new can be a great way to get inspired. Whether it’s a cooking class, a dance class, or anything else, expanding your skillset can give you the motivation you need to tackle other projects with fresh energy and enthusiasm.
7. Meet New People: Interacting with new people can open up whole new worlds of possibilities and help you see things from different perspectives. If you’re feeling stuck in a rut, go out and meet some new people – you never know what kind of inspiration they might bring into your life.
8. Get A New Perspective: Sometimes all you need is to see things from a different angle in order to find inspiration. If you’re having trouble seeing things clearly, try talking to someone with a completely different point of view or taking a trip to somewhere entirely new – it might just give you the fresh perspective you need.
9. Help Others: One of the best ways to get inspired is by helping others achieve their goals. When you see someone else succeeding thanks to your help, it can give you the motivation to achieve your own goals as well.
10 Be Grateful: It may sound clichéd, but being grateful for what you have is actually one of the best ways to find inspiration in life. Focusing on all the good things in your life – no matter how small – can help remind you of all the possibilities that exist for you and inspire you to pursue your dreams
2. Get Outdoors
There is something about being in nature that is inherently inspiring. Maybe it’s the fresh air, the wide open spaces, or the sense of peace and quiet. Whatever the reason, getting outdoors is a great way to jump start your creativity. So take a walk in the park, go for a hike in the woods, sit by the lake, or just spend some time in your own backyard. Let Mother Nature work her magic and see what ideas come to you.
3. Find a Mentor
One of the best ways to get inspired is to find someone who can mentor you. This could be a teacher, a coach, or even a more experienced artist. Having someone who can guide you and offer advice can be invaluable. If you don’t have anyone in mind, try reaching out to your local art community or searching online for groups or forums where you can connect with other artists.
4. Read Biographies
One of the best ways to get inspired is to read biographies of people who have done great things. It doesn’t matter what field they’re in, what their background is, or what their story is – if they’ve done something amazing, their story is sure to be inspiring.
There are plenty of great biographies out there, but some of our favorites include:
1. “The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution” by Walter Isaacson
2. “Steve Jobs” by Walter Isaacson
3. “Einstein: His Life and Universe” by Walter Isaacson
4. “Benjamin Franklin: An American Life” by Walter Isaacson
5. “Alexander Hamilton” by Ron Chernow
6. “Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln” by Doris Kearns Goodwin
7. “The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir” by Bill Bryson
8. “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin” by Benjamin Franklin
9. “My Life” by Bill Clinton
10. “Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance” by Barack Obama
5. Attend Events
No matter what your industry, there are likely events happening that can help you get inspired. Make an effort to attend at least one event per month, whether that’s a trade show, conference, or meetup. By surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals, you’ll be more likely to hear about new ideas and have the opportunity to network with potential collaborators.
6. Take a Class
Taking a class is a great way to get inspired. It can be anything from a cooking class to a painting class. Learning new skills and techniques can help jump start your creativity. And, it’s always fun to meet new people and make new friends.
7. Meet New People
When you meet new people, it opens up your world to new ideas and perspectives. You never know what someone else may be able to teach you, and vice versa. Additionally, meeting new people can challenge you to think differently and see the world in a new light. If you’re feeling stuck in a rut, meeting new people may be just the thing you need to jumpstart your creativity.
8. Get a New Perspective
If you feel like you’re stuck in a rut, it might be time to change your perspective. Sometimes all it takes is to see things from a new angle to get the inspiration you need. Here are a few ways to get a new perspective:
1. Take a different route to work or school.
2. Sit in a different spot in your favorite coffee shop.
3. Check out a new museum or art gallery.
4. Take a walk in a different park or forest.
5. Go for a drive in a new area.
6. Visit a different city or country.
7. Read a book about someone with a different lifestyle or belief system.
8. Watch a movie or TV show from another culture.
By changing your perspective, you can open yourself up to new possibilities and insights. Who knows, you may just find the inspiration you’ve been looking for!
9. Help Others
You can get inspired by helping others. When you see how your help can make a difference in someone’s life, it can give you a new perspective and a sense of purpose. You can volunteer for a local organization, help a friend or family member in need, or simply perform acts of kindness for strangers. Helping others will not only make you feel good, but it can also motivate you to pursue your own goals and dreams.
10. Be Grateful
Be grateful for what you have and where you are in life. It is easy to get caught up in what we don’t have and focus on our “lack”. But if we can take a step back and be thankful for the good in our lives, it will help us feel more positive and hopeful. Gratitude has been linked with increased happiness, better sleep, and improved relationships. So take some time each day to reflect on the things you are grateful for. You may be surprised at how much this simple act can inspire you!